New Playground for Maes-Y-Dre Recreation Ground
The new playground was opened by the Mayor (Cllr Estelle Bleivas) on 8th July. The Mayor was joined by Cllr J Meredith (deputy Mayor), Cllr R Brown, Cllr H Evans, Cllr A Holloway, Cllr Dr J Morgan and the Town Clerk. Also there were children from Maes-Y-Dre School with their head teacher together with residents of Welshpool. One young person said the playground was "awesome"
The new playground will comprise:
Existing equipment remaining but restored:
- Climbing frame
- Trim Trail (put in just 3 years ago)
- Refurbished equipment will be:
- Benches, bins and seating
- Base to existing climbing frame
- Swings in smaller play area with new seats and chains etc
New equipment will include:
- New swings including disabled swings
- Bouncer and swing around
- Teenagers 'hammock and lazy boy'
- Climbing frame with slide and climbing
- Smaller individual pieces of equipment (3 in total)
- Safety railings and safety surfaces with each piece of equipment
The total cost of the works is approx £45,000.